Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as it sets out the terms of legally binding agreement between you and Engage.
Last updated: 29 May 2021
Your privacy is important to us. We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains what personal data that this website engagedxb.gov.ae collects from you and how we use that data.
The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices of engagedxb.gov.ae (which is referred to as “EngageDXB”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) on the website “www.engagedxb.gov.ae” and our member services (“Services”) associated with the site. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your information and how you can access and update this information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and about other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users have the option to navigate our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. These voluntary data include fields as name, email, phone and company information, email address to subscribe to our email alerts, e-newsletters, and promotional emails, and logins to access portions of the site.
Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities. We never obtain data from third parties to use for any marketing or communication purposes.
For each visitor to our web pages, our web server automatically recognizes and collects only the visitor’s IP address, aggregate information on what pages visitors access, information volunteered by the visitor.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, operating system or any such information, which are not connected to identify or trace you as a person.
Web browser cookies
What types of cookies we may use on our site?
Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality. Behavior and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioral information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics.
Why are we collecting data?
EngageDXB may collect and use user’s personal information for the following purposes and nothing else:
- To improve customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site - We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails - We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To improve Job search enquires - We use your submitted information to respond to inquiries you make regarding activities like job postings, tenders or events.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent data to others than used by our data controllers for legitimate purposes as mentioned in this document.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Remove and Forget & Opting Out
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional email from us. If you wish to subscribe to our email alerts, e-newsletters, and promotional communications, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, if you no longer wish to receive our email alerts, e-newsletters, and promotional communications, you can easily opt-out by using the Unsubscribe link included in each communication. We will not retain any of your information thereon on any of our systems, except the log of your request for removal.
EU residents / GDPR
Though made applicable to all, acknowledging to (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR of the European Union (EU), we emphasise that EU residents have rights to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. We are committed to respect those rights. We acknowledge potential liability in cases of onward transfer of personal data to third parties who do not meet the criteria as set forth in this Policy.
We use an annual self-assessment to review its compliance with this Policy. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment.
User Access and Choice
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account settings page, by emailing our Customer Support Team or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire our Service, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Confidentiality and Security
We warrant that all customer data remains the property of our customers. We also will not rent, sell, transfer, or otherwise expose the contents of your activities or posts on EngageDXB, except for analysis aiding our system improvement.
This website www.engagedxb.gov.ae provides an SSL encrypted, password-protected mechanism. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Social Media Features
Unsolicited Commercial Email (SPAM)
To that end, we carry a strict anti-spam policy for all our clients. We have explicitly prohibited our staff from sending any unsolicited material to users who have not expressed their permission to receive communications from them.
All transactions and procedures related to Personal Data Protection and exchange shall be governed by the law No. (26) of 2015 Regulating Data Dissemination and Exchange in the Emirate of Dubai.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. The “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Online Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Department of Economic Development
P.O. Box 13223 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: (+971 4) 445 59 07
Fax: (+971 4) 445 55 54
Conditions of Use
We will provide their services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this website, use its services or make a download, you accept the following conditions. This is why we urge you to read them carefully. We may change these terms and conditions at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the EngageDXB website/App.
Content published on this website (digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos), unless specified otherwise, is the property of EngageDXB and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this website is the exclusive property of EngageDXB, with copyright authorship for this compilation by EngageDXB; All rights reserved.
“User-generated content” is Communications, materials, information, data, opinions, photos, profiles, messages, website links, music, videos and any other content that you and/or other Website/App. users post or otherwise make available on or through the website, except to the extent the content is owned by us.
The entire communication with us is electronic. Every time you send us an email or visit our website or Register/Log into the EngageDXB App, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
By visiting this website and registering the App, you agree that the laws of the emirates of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms and conditions, or any dispute of any sort that might come between EngageDXB and you, or its business partners and associates. All transactions and procedures related to Personal Data Protection and exchange shall be governed by the law No. (26) of 2015 Regulating Data Dissemination and Exchange in the Emirate of Dubai.
We acknowledge that data provided by the user during registration in the EngageDXB App is the sole responsibility of the person entering the data and EngageDXB won't to be liable for the fraudulent data provided during registration. Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this website or to the App you download from us shall be arbitrated by Dubai Courts and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Comments, Reviews, and Emails
Visitors may post content if it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation. We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in our sole discretion.
Last updated: 30 September 2019
Terms of Service for EngageDXB Events
Last updated:12 Jan 2020
These Terms are a legally binding agreement between you and EngageDXB governing your access to and use of the Services and setting out your rights and responsibilities when you use the Services related to the Events module (“Event Services”) of EngageDXB. By using any of our Event Services (including browsing a Site), you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use or access the Services. If you will be using the Services on behalf of an entity (such as on behalf of your employer), you agree to these Terms on behalf of that entity and its affiliates and you represent that you have the authority to do so. In such case, "you" and "your" will refer to that entity as well as yourself.
1. Document Definitions
When these Terms use the term "Organizer," we mean event creators using the Services to create events displayed on the Services for consumers using our Services (a) to consume information about or attend Events ("Consumers"), or (b) for any other reason. Organizers, Consumers and third parties using our Services are all referred to in these Terms collectively as "Users," "you" or "your."
2. EngageDXB's Services and Role
What We Do. EngageDXB's Services provide a simple and quick means for Organizers to create events, speaker profiles other features related to the event on the mobile application and webpages, promote those pages and events to visitors on apps or browsers, manage online for the sake of their Consumers or other Users.
EngageDXB is not the creator, organizer or owner of the events listed on the Events module of EngageDXB. Rather, EngageDXB provides its Services, which allow Organizers to manage and promote their events. The Organizer is solely responsible for ensuring that any page displaying an event on the Services (and the event itself) meet all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, and that the goods and services described on the event page are delivered as described and in an accurate satisfactory manner.
3. Privacy and User Information
If you are an Organizer, you represent, warrant and agree that (a) you will at all times comply with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations with respect to information you collect from (or receive about) consumers, and (b) you will at all times comply with any applicable policies posted on the Services with respect to information you collect from (or receive about) consumers.
4. Term of Termination
- 4.1 These Terms apply to you as soon as you access the Services by any means and continue in effect until they are terminated. There may come a time where either you or EngageDXB decides it's best to part ways as described in Sections 4.2 or 4.3 below. When that happens, these Terms will generally no longer apply. However, as described in Section 4.4, certain provisions will always remain applicable to both you and EngageDXB.
- 4.2 EngageDXB may terminate your right to use the Services at any time (a) if you violate or breach these Terms; (b) if you misuse or abuse the Services, or use the Services in a way not intended or permitted by EngageDXB; or (c) if allowing you to access and use the Services would violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations or would expose EngageDXB to legal liability. EngageDXB may choose to stop offering the Services, or any particular portion of the Service, or modify or replace any aspect of the Service, at any time. We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of our termination of your access to the Services, where, in EngageDXB's sole discretion, failure to do so would materially prejudice you. You agree that EngageDXB will not be liable to you or any third-party as a result of its termination of your right to use or otherwise access the Services.
- 4.3 Except to the extent you have agreed otherwise in a separate written agreement between you and EngageDXB, you may terminate your access to the Services and the general applicability of Terms by deleting your account. If you are a Consumer using the Services without a registered account, your only option for these Terms to no longer apply is to stop accessing the Services indefinitely. So long as you continue to access the Services, even without an account, these Terms remain in effect. If there is a separate agreement between you and EngageDXB governing your use of the Services and that agreement terminates or expires, these Terms (as unmodified by such agreement) will govern your use of the Services after such termination or expiration.
- 4.4 All provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive termination of these Terms will survive (including, without limitation, all limitations on liability, releases, indemnification obligations, disclaimers of warranties, agreements to arbitrate, choices of law and judicial forum and intellectual property protections and licenses).
5. Release and Indemnification
- This is where you agree to cover EngageDXB if you use the Service in a way that causes EngageDXB to be the subject of a legal matter, or to face other claims or expenses, or as otherwise set forth herein, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- 5.1 Release. You hereby agree to release EngageDXB from all damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise), losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of a dispute between you and a third party (including other Users) in connection with the Services or any event listed on the Services.
- 5.2 Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold EngageDXB and each of its and their respective officers, directors, agents, co-branders, licensors, payment processing partners, other partners and employees, harmless from any and all damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise), loss, liability, cost and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' and accounting fees) resulting from any claim, demand, suit, proceeding (whether before an arbitrator, court, mediator or otherwise) or investigation made by any third party (each a "Claim") relating to or arising out of: (a) your breach of these Terms (including any terms or agreements or policies incorporated into these Terms); (b) your use of the Services in violation of these Terms or other policies we post or make available; (c) your breach of any applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation or the rights of any third party; and (d) if you are an Organizer, your events (including where EngageDXB has provided Services with respect to those events), provided that in the case of (e) this indemnification will not apply to the extent that the Claim arises out of EngageDXB's gross negligence or willful misconduct.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties and Assumption of Risks by You
We strive to provide Services in the way you need them, but there are some things it is important for you to understand that we cannot promise.
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. EngageDXB expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, title, noninfringement and fitness for a particular purpose. For example, EngageDXB makes no warranty that (a) the Services (or any portion of the Services) will meet your requirements or expectations; (b) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
You acknowledge that EngageDXB has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety, accuracy or legality of any event or Content associated with an event, the truth or accuracy of any information provided by Users (including the Consumer's personal information shared with Organizers in connection with events) or the ability of any User to perform or actually complete a transaction. EngageDXB has no responsibility to you for, and hereby disclaims all liability arising from, the acts or omissions of any third parties that EngageDXB requires to provide the Services, that an Organizer chooses to assist with an event, or that you choose to contract with when using the Services.
You understand and agree that some events may carry inherent risk, and by participating in those events, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily. For example, some events may carry risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death, and you freely and willfully assume those risks by choosing to participate in those events.
7. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, or as otherwise set forth herein, EngageDXB and any person or entity associated with EngageDXB's provision of the Services (e.g., an affiliate, vendor, strategic partner or employee) ("Associated Parties"), will not be liable to you or any third party, for: (a) any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, opportunity costs, intangible losses, or the cost of substitute services (even if EngageDXB has been advised of the possibility of such damages); or (b) Your Content
8. Intellectual Property and Copyrights.
You agree that all Site Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets or other intellectual property and other proprietary rights and laws. EngageDXB may own the Site Content or portions of the Site Content may be made available to EngageDXB through arrangements with third parties. Site Content included in or made available through the Services is the exclusive property of EngageDXB and is protected by copyright laws. You agree to use the Site Content only for purposes that are permitted by these Terms and any applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks and logos of EngageDXB (the "EngageDXB Trademarks") used and displayed in connection with the Services are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of EngageDXB. Other company, product and service names used in connection with the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (the "Third Party Trademarks," and, collectively with EngageDXB Trademarks, the "Trademarks"). The offering of the Services will not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in connection with the Services without the prior written consent of EngageDXB specific for each such use.
The Trademarks may not be used to disparage EngageDXB, any third party or EngageDXB's or such third party's products or services, or in any manner that may damage any goodwill in the Trademarks. Use of any Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless EngageDXB approves the establishment of such a link by prior written consent specific for each such link. Site Content may also be protected by copyrights owned by EngageDXB and/or third parties. Please note that if you copy portions of the Services you are violating these patent rights and copyrights.
10. Licenses and Permits Organizers Must Obtain
If you are an Organizer, without limiting the generality of any representations or warranties provided elsewhere in these Terms of Service, you represent and warrant to us that:
- (a) You and your affiliates will obtain, prior to the start of ticket sales, all applicable licenses, permits, and authorizations (individually and collectively, "Licensure") with respect to events hosted by you or your affiliates on the Services.
- (b) You and your affiliates will comply, and will ensure that the venues for each event hosted by you or your affiliates on the Services will comply, with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and ordinances;
- (c) You will only request that EngageDXB system-manage the event after you have obtained any specific Licensures for such event, including, but not limited to, any state, county, municipal or other local authority's authorization of the event, traffic engineering authorizations, fire department inspection reports, authorization to receive minors (if applicable), sanitary authorization (if applicable), and any other potential applicable authorization; and (d) you and your affiliates will maintain in force throughout the term of access to the Service the applicable Licensure for organizer to promote, produce, sponsor host and sell tickets for all events hosted by you or your affiliates on the Services
11. Your Content on Event Services
License. EngageDXB does not make any claim to Your Content. However, you are solely responsible for Your Content. You hereby grant EngageDXB a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and license to access, use, reproduce, transmit, adapt, modify, perform, display, distribute, translate, publish and create derivative works based on Your Content, in whole or in part, in any media, for the purpose of operating the Services (including EngageDXB's promotional and marketing services, which may include without limitation, promotion of your event on a third party website), and you hereby waive any and all moral right to use the name you submit with Your Content.
Your Representations About Your Content. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the foregoing license, and that all Your Content (a) does not infringe, violate, misappropriate or otherwise conflict with the rights of any third party; (b) complies with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations; and (c) does not violate these Terms.
Your Content must be accurate and truthful. EngageDXB reserves the right to remove Your Content from the Services if EngageDXB believes in its sole discretion that it violates these Terms, our Community Guidelines, or for any other reason. EngageDXB may use your name and logo (whether or not you have made it available through the Services) for the purpose of identifying you as an existing or past customer of EngageDXB both on the Services and in marketing, advertising and promotional materials. We likewise may opt to preserve Your Content and account information and may also disclose Your Content and account information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process; (b) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (c) enforce or administer the Terms of Service, including without limitation, these Terms of Service; and/or (d) protect the rights, property and/or personal safety of EngageDXB, its users and/or the public, including fraud prevention.
12. Rules for Use of Email Tools
- 12.1 EngageDXB may make available to you features and tools that allow you to contact your Consumers, other users of the Services, or third parties via email (the "Email Tools"). If you use Email Tools, you represent and agree that:
- (a) you have the right and authority to send emails to the addresses on your recipient list and such addresses were gathered in accordance with email marketing regulations in the recipient's country of residence;
- (c) you will use the Email Tools in compliance with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, including those relating to spam and email, and including without limitation, the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act, the Canadian CASL, the EU GDPR and any such electronic-governance directive from the Government of Dubai;
- (d) you will only use the Email Tools to advertise, promote and/or manage a bona fide event listed on the Services;
- (e) your use of the Email Tools and the content of your emails complies these Terms;
- (f) you will not use false or misleading headers or deceptive subject lines in emails sent using the Email Tools;
- (g) you will respond immediately and in accordance with instructions to any Consumer sent to you by EngageDXB requesting you modify such Consumer's email preferences;
- (h) you will provide an accessible and unconditional unsubscribe link for inclusion in every email where one is required, and you will not send any emails to any recipient who has unsubscribed from your mailing list.
- 12.2 If you violate any of these Email Tools rules or if your use of the Email Tools results in bounce rates, complaint rates or unsubscribe requests in excess of industry standards or if your emails cause disruption to the Services, EngageDXB may (without limitation of any other legal or contractual remedies it has) limit or suspend your access to the Email Tools.
- 12.3 Any Consumer data that you input into EngageDXB through typing or import into the system using the EngageDXB mobile application or it’s website, shall not be preserved beyond 30 days of the event closing. EngageDXB or its system partners are not responsible for loss of data beyond this period and no claims shall be raised for data retrieval.
13. Entire Agreement
Except as otherwise set forth herein, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and EngageDXB Events and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, proposals, discussions or communications between you and EngageDXB Events hereof, other than any written agreement for Services between you and an authorized officer of EngageDXB relating to a specified event or events. This agreement for EngageDXB Events shall work and apply in concurrence with the terms and conditions of use of other sections of EngageDXB in addition to EngageDXB as a whole.
14. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services ("Feedback"). Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
Terms & Conditions for Idea Pool Section for EngageDXB
Effective Date of Last Revision: 06 May 2020
Your agreement to Idea Submission Terms & Conditions as below, is mandatory for submission of Ideas with EngageDXB. Any submission assumes your consent on the terms referred here – which is subject to update from time to time. You understand and agree to be bound to the below terms and conditions when you submit your idea on the EngageDXB platform.
1. Introduction and definitions
Innovative Ideas are submitted by users of EngageDXB (referred to as ‘Idea Submitter’). Idea Submitters may make their Idea submissions viewable to only the management of EngageDXB. By becoming a User on this website, you agree to keep all information disclosed to you on this website and all ideas submitted by you confidential and agree not to disclose such information and ideas outside of EngageDXB.
Once an Idea is submitted by the ‘Idea Submitter’ and satisfies certain required elements, which EngageDXB shall choose in its sole discretion, the Idea automatically becomes a candidate for selection by the EngageDXB to be shortlisted to route to a concerned government entity (referred to as ‘Idea receiving entity’) for practical use. While the final selection is from the ‘Idea receiving entity’, EngageDXB holds no assurance in the process, whether it is shortlisting or commercialization. EngageDXB acts and is limited to the role serving as a reliable channel in processing the idea transfer. Any detailed review, Q&A, shortlist, Intellectual property ownerships, approval, rejection, and further steps are handled between the ‘Idea Submitter’ and ‘Idea receiving entity’, with no obligation to EngageDXB.
1.1 EngageDXB obligations
EngageDXB agrees to review your idea when properly submitted via the Idea Submission Process. We have no obligation to use your idea. In return for your acceptance of the Idea Submission Terms & Conditions, EngageDXB offers a non-confidential, preliminary evaluation of your submitted materials. Following the preliminary evaluation, if ‘Idea receiving entity’ is interested in pursuing your project, you will be notified per our process.
EngageDXB does not act in a consulting capacity. We are not obligated to provide you with an explanation for any decision EngageDXB or the ‘Idea receiving entity’ reaches. This applies to the original disclosure as well as to anything you later disclose, orally or in writing. We assume no obligation to tell you something we already knew or have discovered since you submitted your idea.
You must own the idea you are submitting. You cannot submit the idea of another person or party. The idea must be the original creation of the ‘Idea Submitter’ and the ‘Idea Submitter’ must have the exclusive right to submit the idea to EngageDXB. Further, the ‘Idea Submitter’ must have the legal right to negotiate and discuss the idea with EngageDXB or the ‘Idea receiving entity’. This does not mean that you are granting any rights under a patent, which you already have or may obtain in the future.
Please determine whether your employer owns the idea prior to your submission. EngageDXB does not wish to receive ideas that are in violation of an agreement or understanding with another party, such as your current or former employer.
You must be at least 18 years old.
1.4 Time and durations
EngageDXB does not affirm any specific timeframe and do not promise any period for the review of the submitted idea.
2. Submission Guidelines
Below, find a handful of requirements your innovation must meet before we can go further with our advisory. If you are keeping a secret, or signed an NDA with someone else, then please do not share the information with us.
Your innovation idea:
2.1. Must be your own
You must be the original creator of the idea submitted and have the exclusive right to submit it to EngageDXB. You agree not to upload images that belong to someone else as a part of your idea.
2.2. Must be original
The purpose of EngageDXB is first and foremost to commercialize ideas. This means we are looking for new ideas that solves a real problem. We cannot commercialize ideas/innovations that already exist. We therefore cannot welcome submission on ideas / innovations that have the one or more of the following properties:
- Virtually the same product is being sold already
- Current products solve the problem in a better way
- A published patent or concept already exists for the idea
- The idea is not different enough to compete in an already saturated market
- The idea combines different existing features together without a clear benefit
- Confidential information of any type
- Product names, slogans or logos
- Business methods or ways of conducting our business.
Please make sure your idea is unique and first before submitting. You may search the web for existing patents, products, and concepts.
2.3. Must be complete – no placeholders
While you may edit content after submitting your idea, please do not submit incomplete ideas. Incomplete submissions with minimal images and text or ones that say, “images coming soon” (or something similar) are not permitted.
2.4. Keep it appropriate | Conduct by Users, Prohibited Conduct
We will not handle ideas/innovations related to the below topics. We will decide how a submission fits these standards at our discretion.
Death, killing, blood, terrorism, violence, sexual abuse, child abuse, religion, discrimination, torture, racism, bullying, pornography, human traffic, cruelty to animals.
You agree that you shall not: (i) take any action or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit to or via the Site any User Content that infringes or violates any third party rights, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights, or that constitutes any other Person’s Proprietary Information; (ii) take any action, written or otherwise, which is intended, or would reasonably be expected, to harm EngageDXB or its partners or affiliates or their reputation or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to the EngageDXB; (iii) impersonate any Person without their consent, including, but not limited to, a EngageDXB or associate’s employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any Person; (iv) take any action or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit to or via the Site any User Content that violates any law or regulation; (v) take any action or upload, post, email or otherwise transmit to or via the Site or mobile application any User Content as determined by EngageDXB at its sole discretion that is illegal, harmful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (vi) take any actions or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit to or via the Site or mobile application any User Content that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personally Identifiable Information; (vii) take any action or upload, post, email or otherwise transmit to or via the Site or mobile application, any User Content or Product Ideas or Proprietary Information that would violate any right or duty under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including, but not limited to, any inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (viii) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit to or via the Site any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, or promotional materials, that are in the nature of “junk mail,” “`spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation that EngageDXB considers in its sole discretion to be of such nature; (ix) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services; (x) attempt to gain access to any other User’s account or password; or (xi) “stalk”, abuse or attempt to abuse, or otherwise harass another user; (xii) charge any third party for use of the Site or the Services; or (xiii) modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile or attempt to discover the source code of the Site or any of its algorithms that are utilized to allocate Influence. Any violation by you of the terms of the foregoing may result in immediate and permanent suspension or cancellation of your account and you expressly waive all rights, claims, and/or causes of action against EngageDXB in connection with the same.
2.5. Make it clear and legible
Be precise and take your time. Clear grammar and spelling are essential to our ability to understand your idea. Your submission title, description, problem, and solution text should be clearly understood. Please make sure your submission is in English.
3. Other areas
3.1 User Submitted Prototypes
Unless otherwise stated in writing and signed by an authorized EngageDXB employee, we cannot and do not guarantee that any physical prototype provided by a User (if so happens) to EngageDXB will be returned or not damaged. Users provide physical prototypes to EngageDXB at their own risk, and EngageDXB does not represent or warrant the return or condition of prototypes, and disclaims any liability relating thereto.
3.2 Infringement Complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit Users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Site or via the Services any materials that violate another party’s Intellectual Property Rights or that constitutes another Person’s Proprietary Information. Any infringing materials posted by any User can be identified and removed pursuant to EngageDXB’s compliance process, provided herein, and you agree to comply with such process in the event you are involved in any claim of copyright infringement to which the compliance rules may be applicable.
If you believe that any Content on the EngageDXB applications infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to email@example.com.
3.3 Monitoring User Content:
EngageDXB is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Services. Although we provide rules for User conduct and postings and reserve the rights set forth in this Agreement, we are not responsible for what Users post, transmit or share on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable Site Content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content. EngageDXB is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site or Services.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EngageDXB, its partners, affiliates, directors, officers, subsidiaries, employees, agents, suppliers, licensees, distributors, successors and assigns and other Users of the Services, from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from any breach of this Agreement by you, or from your use of the Services. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EngageDXB, its shareholders, affiliates, directors, officers, subsidiaries, employees, agents, suppliers, licensees, and distributors, successors and assigns from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from any claims by third parties that your activity on the Site or your User Content (including your User Content as incorporated in a commercialized Product Idea) infringes upon, violates or misappropriates any of their Intellectual Property Rights or discloses their Proprietary Information.
3.5 Applicable Law
By using this service on the Application, you agree that the laws of the emirates of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms and conditions, or any dispute of any sort that might come between EngageDXB and you, or its business partners and associates. All transactions and procedures related to Personal Data Protection and exchange shall be governed by the law No. (26) of 2015 Regulating Data Dissemination and Exchange in the Emirate of Dubai.
We acknowledge that data provided by the user during registration in the EngageDXB App is the sole responsibility of the person entering the data and EngageDXB will not to be liable for the fraudulent data provided during registration. Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this website or to the App you download from us shall be arbitrated by Dubai Courts and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
4. Data Handling
4.1 Collection and Uses of Your Personal Information
You acknowledge and agree that EngageDXB, in its sole discretion, may track, record, observe or follow all your interactions within the Services. Except as otherwise provided herein, including without limitation, the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us is used for the Company’s internal purposes only. EngageDXB uses the information it collects to learn what you like and to improve the Services.
Depending on what Services you use on the Site, EngageDXB may request Personally Identifiable Information from you, including but not limited to your full name, a valid email address and username and/or password. We NEVER sell or give out any of our user information. We hate spam too.
You agree that EngageDXB may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Site.
4.2 Security of Your Personal Information
EngageDXB follows generally accepted industry standards for the protection of the Personally Identifiable Information that you submit, both during transmission and after receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we do not guarantee the security of any of your private transmissions against unauthorized or unlawful interception or access by third parties.
Department of Economic Development
P.O. Box 13223 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: (+971 4) 445 59 07
Fax: (+971 4) 445 55 54
More information related to security, retention, transfer, and handling of Your Personal Information, GDPR compliance etc are mentioned in the general terms and conditions page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The "iPhone Giveaway" competition is hosted by EngageDXB part of Department of Economic Development, Dubai, in The United Arab Emirates.
1. HOW TO APPLY:
- Participants must be aged 18 or over
- The participants are required to download and register on the EngageDXB app, leave their Pledge as a comment on the EngageDXB sustainability post on the EngageDXB page in the application, and complete their EngageDXB app profile to create their virtual business card.
- The competition is only open to all users registered on the EngageDXB platform.
- All entries must abide by the culture, rules, and regulations of the EngageDXB platform.
- One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- The winners will have to be registered as owners of the respective EngageDXB accounts through which his/her entries are submitted.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD:
- The competition will be open to entries from 22nd April 2021 until 13 May 2021, 11:59 PM GST.
- The promoter (Engage DXB) is offering an iPhone XR.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize is subject to change at EngageDXB sole discretion without notice.
4. HOW IS THE WINNER SELECTED AND NOTIFIED:
- A participant will be chosen at random and will win an iPhone XR, if they fulfill the winning criteria
- Winners will be notified directly through their EngageDXB account or by email or by direct message on their Instagram account (winners must therefore ‘like’ or ‘follow’ our social media accounts in order to be contacted about prizes). The winner will need to revert to the contact person within 3 days of being contacted. Failure to do so will result in an alternative winner being selected at random from the remaining eligible and correct entries. EngageDXB shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for a winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the prize.
- The winner will be contacted by EngageDXB and will be required to produce a valid ID (passport copy with visa page / Emirates ID / driving license) to collect the prize.
- A valid Delivery address must be provided by the winner to receive the prize. Shipping costs do not apply to winner.
- The winner must allow 30 days for delivery/shipping of the prize or alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement. EngageDXB will not be held responsible for late delivery, mishandling or delivery shortfalls on the part of our delivery service suppliers.
5. Winners agree that, by participating in this competition, EngageDXB may use the winner’s name in any manner and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional approval or compensation being required, including posting on social media platforms besides the EngageDXB platform.
6. EngageDXB reserves the right to accept any User and to disqualify any User.
7. Non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions will automatically disqualify the winners from availing their respective prizes.
8. In the event that any User is disqualified from this Contest or is unreachable where the User is a winner, EngageDXB may use its sole discretion to decide what to do with the prize. Any new User selected in such an event shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
9. EngageDXB assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication lines failure destruction, or unauthorized access to and /or alteration of entries.
10. EngageDXB reserves the right at its sole discretion and without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of this Contest including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Contest in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by EngageDXB.
11. EngageDXB will not bear any responsibility in respect of the prizes following the delivery of the prize to the winner.
12. By entering this contest, the User represents, warrants and agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by them. Non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Contest will disqualify the Users from availing the prize. This Contest is in no way connected with Facebook/ Instagram. It is neither sponsored, supported, nor organized by Instagram. EngageDXB is the recipient of the information provided by the Participants. You can participate in the promotion via the EngageDXB Instagram fan page.
13. The Users accept that any dispute arising in relation to their participation in this Contest will be subject to the laws of United Arab Emirates and the Users agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Arab Emirates Courts.
14. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, legality and enforcement of the remaining provisions.